Today we’re bringing you a Pickled Sweet Potato Salad with an Asian flair that will be the perfect accompaniment to all of your warm-weather favorites.
This salad is a collage of fresh garden flavors, from thinly sliced sweet potatoes coated in sesame oil, while scallions meld with fresh ginger in a base of vinegar, sugar and sea salt, combining to create a salad that’s surprisingly complex, being at times sweet, spicy, and savory.
Since this salad is a bit off the beaten trail, I’ll give you a few pointers on what to eat this with.
1) Beef.Steaks fresh off the grill, your favorite burger, or as a side to beef kebabs, the flavor profile of the salad all but begs to be paired alongside beef. And don’t be afraid of ‘how’ you prepare or season the meat. Whether crusted in pepper, or topped with chili sauce, or paired with a spicy marinade, this salad’s got you covered.
3) Spicy Food.Korean barbecue would go great with this salad, as would anything prepared General Tso style. I’m also loving the idea of spicy seafood with this salad.
The Ingredients, and Some Pointers
1) Scallions vs Onions.Without going into detail on the difference between scallions and onions, the primary reason we’re using scallions here is due to their somewhat milder, more ‘fresh’ focused flavor, whereas standard onions (red would be variety used in this recipe) would have a far sharper, somewhat punchier flavor, and quite a bit more ‘bite.’ However, if that sounds more appealing to your palate, by all means, feel free to experiment.
2) The Sweet Potatoes.You want to slice these as thin as possible – as shown in my picture. Use a mandolin if you can’t manage it by hand. That said, if you slice these too thick they simply won’t be palatable, since they will be ‘hard’ rather than ‘crunchy,’ and that’s not at all appealing.
3) Fresh Ginger.我们要为生姜，而非腌制的原因与鲜姜本身做的少，而更多的是与我做什么“而不是”想从任何品种生姜的。将生姜带来了大量的“不悦”和“酸洗”从卤水的味道了，这将挫伤“新鲜度”，我从这个沙拉爱。此外，生姜只是有更多的“香料”它比腌制，而这也正是大多数沙拉的热量是来自。然而，在这里，你需要切片生姜薄，你可能可以，因为咬下来的新鲜生姜块竟然可以在更大，更加大块的部分有一个非常愉快的质地是相当不愉快了很多的口味，除了记
Did you make this recipe?
Enjoy with Love!