The Meat – The How, the What, and the Why
1) The Steaks.这确实是偏好的问题。I’m using sirloin steaks, but you could easily get away with flank steaks (the ‘steakhouse’ choice for platters), alternatively you might switch things up with dry-aged porterhouse, or go bit a more ‘delicate’ with skirt steaks or filet mignon steaks.
2) To Marinade, Or Not.腌制的肉是一个伟大的和容易– way to tenderize your meat while packing it with flavor and moisture. However, there are reasons you might ‘not’ want to marinate your meat. First and foremost, if using super-prime quality meat, you might simply want to let the texture and natural flavor of the meat shine through. Conversely, you may opt for something like rubbing the meat down in garlic butter, and then crusting the meat in salt and pepper before grilling the stovetop – options that are simply off limits when using a marinade. Ultimately, this is a matter of preference. However, the marinade is what makes a recipe like today’s distinctive. Today we’re combining sweet citrus notes grounded in layers of complex umami flare from Soy Sauce and Teriyaki, with just a hint of pungent acidity from apple cider vinegar.
3）肉店VS超级市场。It wasn’t that long ago that in order to get truly quality meat, you needed a quality butcher. That’s less true today, since supermarket meat ‘has’ gotten markedly better, and this is especially true in metropolitan areas. However, up until just a few years agolocal butcheries were going the way of the gourmet deli- 他们正在消失。然而，美国人吃更多的肉比以往任何时候（你永远不会从当前的企业文化知道），当地肉店正在经历的东西轻微的复兴。But if supermarket meat is ‘also’ experiencing a renaissance of quality, one would be forgiven for asking “How can both of these things be true at the same time?” The answer is that your local butcher is better for things like prime cuts, fresh meat, rare or ‘odd’ cuts, and premium or ‘specialty’ brands that the local supermarket simply doesn’t have the clientele for. In other words, if you ‘know’ that your local butcher shop stocks daily, or that they stock a particularly premium brand of meat, or if you want a rare cut of meat that supermarkets simply can’t turn a profit on, then finding a good local butcher shop is the way to go.
4) Or opt for Butcher Box.或者，你可以跳过搜索本地屠宰场或各种超市削减实验，只是有好吃的，素肉直接发送到你的家门口礼貌屠夫箱。
，各方 - 或如何框架肉
3）边耐力更强。For today’s steak platter, I’m being super-traditional with roasted potatoes, but you could easily play on the Terikyaki and Soy based marinade, and turn this into a Surf-N-Turf platter with a side of teriyaki marinated shrimp, ceviche, or squid salad – all of which would play nicely with the marinade.
4) Finger Food.为了配合今天的食谱的“社会”弯，您也可以考虑在大盘本身安排“手指食物”两侧。想的事情就像自制crostini，也许留下平原的东西，如香菜和大蒜烹制的自制cannellini浸豆配对。相反的，而不是离开crostini平原畅泳，他们提供的一种简单的手段“越来越花哨，”考虑之类的东西herbed goat cheese and nut crostini。我也可以想像一些蓬松自制的小面包干和塞拉诺辣椒莎莎配对今天的董事会。亚博体育这实际上是美味。尝试了这一点与我的食谱here和上标记我的Instagram的结果。
5) A Refreshing Drink.We’ve covered hardier sides and finger foods but what about drinks? Naturally, you want something refreshing to wash this all down with, enter my friends atTavour建在策展精酿啤酒和麦芽的月度盒基于订阅的公司，以满足所有的任何场合。每一盒有多种不同的口味和酿造。退房Tavour App了解更多关于这个令人兴奋的体验。
6）鸡尾酒。牛排，土豆的经典组合，和一个高大的啤酒在这里工作得很好。但是，如果你真的想花哨的东西和发挥“酒保”你的客人，我们的朋友准备在DrinkWorkshave got you covered. Think of it as the “Keurig of Home Bars,” simply pop a pod into the machine, and out comes a delicious, chilled ‘adult beverage’ (no ice required) that tastes like it was mixed by a master mixologist. With dozens upon dozens of drink pod flavors to choose from, including Margarita, Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Moscow Mule, Whiskey Sour, White Russian, and Old Fashioned, among many others, there’s something for everyone.
1)Classic Roast Beef。过去的的时代家庭牛肉晚餐，这是我对经典“周日烤肉。”我准备烤了芥末，大蒜擦，烤过来胡萝卜，然后用自制的牛排薯条配对它。
2)Braised Rib Stew。Short ribs, peppers, and mixed veggies simmered in a garlic broth, and then set over hardy noodles combine to create a satisfying and warming stew.
If You Enjoyed Today’s Recipe…
Be sure to follow us onInstagram的to stay up to date with all things Living the Gourmet, and for more great recipes, tips and tricks.