今天，我们准备了一批炒炉鸡，我们将与地中海风格的西红柿和酸辣酱跳跃来配对，我们会与我的新朋友准备在一点帮助下这样做乌药农场，其美食醋是一个绝对的喜悦 - 更多关于它们的下面。
Ingredient Notes, Tips, and Substitutions
1) Capers – What are these things anyway?If you’re a regular here at Living the Gourmet, you’ve likely noticed that I have a soft spot for capers – as in I use them all the time, and that’s only a ‘slight’ exaggeration. In short, they’re the flower buds of the Finders Rose or ‘Caper Bush.’ Oddly, they are wildly unpalatable if eaten fresh or dried – being described as mouth-parchingly bitter or even ‘rancid tasting.’ However, when pickled, brined, or preserved in salt, the bitterness fades away to a ‘pleasant tanginess,’ a flavor that’s variously described as ‘lemony,’ ‘anchovy-like,’ ‘salty,’ and ‘olive-like,’ or some combination thereof (I personally would describe them as ‘anchovies mixed with olives’). In their brined form, they are ‘not’ often described as ‘bitter,’ which might lead to the very understandable conclusion that ‘caper flavor’ doesn’t actually come from the capers themselves, but rather from their ‘pickling’ or ‘brining.’ Regardless of the truth behind their flavor, these little pickled flowers-that-weren’t are a staple of Mediterranean Cuisine, being especially prominent in Italian, Spanish, Greek, Cypriot, and Moroccan recipes, while also making an appearance in Southern French cooking, and assorted Portuguese and Sardinian dishes.Bonus Fact:雀跃的叶子，这是一种具有某种程度上更“辛辣”的味道比橄榄叶，是区域性希腊美食，尤其是在塞浦路斯独特的灯具，但消耗几乎无处。
2）玉米淀粉 - 我的秘密酥鸡。这是我最喜欢的“秘诀”，当谈到油炸和炒炉鸡。现在，我知道你要问什么“什么叫太白粉与炸鸡呢？”而你没看错的要求，因为玉米淀粉通常是简单的各种酱料增稠剂，而且可能是在炒菜各种亚洲美食最常用的。然而，对于今天的食谱玉米淀粉服务两个角色。首先，它是作为一个“更清晰”，给鸡一个很好的“紧缩”，同时也有助于“加厚”涂层。同时，它也作为结合剂，以帮助该涂层粘在吃鸡，所以它不会在烹饪过程中脱落。是的，这适用于烤箱油炸，煎炸，油炸和空气炸制。
3) The Vinegar – Choosing Quality Vinegar Makes All The Difference.虽然消费者对质量和类型的橄榄油意识近年来爆炸，当它涉及到醋的消费意识仍有点迷雾 - 很多迷雾。如，大多数消费者无法分辨其中的不同之处between real Balsamic Vinegar and cheap red wine vinegar that’s been sweetened with sugar and then passed off at a premium. To borrow a metaphor from the article I just linked to, this would be a bit like taking any random vegetable oil, coloring it to match Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and then selling that at a woefully marked up premium. However, vinegar comes in just as wide a range of quality, and in just as many shades of nuance, as does olive oil, wine, or coffee. In my opinion, people tend to pay less attention to the quality and nuance of their vinegar for the simple reason that they often regard it merely as a means of ‘adding acidity’ to a recipe, or as the heavily masked base to a vinaigrette. However, take my advice and start exploring the wide world of quality vinegars – you won’t be disappointed. Now, here’s one suggestion to get you started on that journey.
4）乌药农场。首先，设置它们与众不同的是，他们处理醋制作过程本身的整体 - 这是比你想象的公平位罕见。这包括从觅食浆果种植的草药和根茎，以推进可持续生产，然后结合了东西如有机糖浆和蜂蜜的成分，创造强烈的美味葡萄酒。然后，他们这些发酵成葡萄酒美味，可持续来源，有机醋 - 这在多种口味可供选择。为example, to complement today’s chutney , I’m using their ‘Gardener Vinegar,’ which is made with things like organic tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, leeks, and wildflower honey, creating a fresh yet savory flavor profile that’s crisp on the palate, while also being well-grounded in savory umami notes. Some of their other vinegars include Heirloom Pepper, Mulberry (my son’s favorite of the batch), Strawberry Magnolia, and the obligatory Apple Cider. So, if you want to dive into the wide (and largely unexplored) world of quality, flavorful vinegar, Lindera Farms offers a great starting point.
5）乌药农场打造一个令人震惊的是良好的热酱。I was surprised that I also received a shockingly good hot sauce from Lindera Farms with my batch of vinegars. Now, I will admit that myself, my daughter, and my son are something of ‘hot sauce connoisseurs.’ For my son’s birthday, for example, my daughter gifted him a pair of locally sourced gourmet hot sauces. We’re serious about our spice. What we received from Lindera was a bottle labeled “Fish Pepper and Tomato Hot Sauce.” On tasting, we were surprised at just how complex the flavor was – this definitely isn’t a ‘heat for the sake of heat’ hot sauce. In fact, I might say that ‘heat’ takes a backseat to a blissfully complex flavor profile that is garlicy and pleasantly acidic, with just a hint of something earthy or herbal lingering in the background, something that’s vaguely reminiscent of sundried tomatoes in oil. I splashed it on today’s chicken, and it was a hit. I also tried it on eggs the next day, and it was simply delicious. Seriously, if there’s a hot sauce lover in your family, give them a bottle of this.
1) Grilling the Red Peppers.You can do this a few different ways, the main thing is that you want the peppers to lightly char. I’m doing this stovetop on my griddle, but you can also use a dry cast iron pan (yes, it’s important that the pan be dry, no oil), or simply place the peppers directly over your burners – which is probably the more popular way to do this.
3）跳过处理器 - 我们希望块。我知道这可能是很有诱惑力的尝试，并通过简单地折腾一切都变成食品加工保存自己一些准备时间，但不要。我们希望酸辣酱的好“块”，而不是一个“津津乐道。”蔬菜切碎发生后他们在漏勺调味，加入醋和油之前，排出多余的水分。
4) Taste As You Go.The measurements I laid out below are simply suggestions. They are what I found suitable to my palate. Taste the chutney after seasoning, and adjust your seasonings to your likening. Experimentation is a good thing.
2）Crostini。Similar to the flatbreads, but if you want something with a bit more ‘crunch’ to it, grab my basiccrostini食谱这里。你一定不会失望的，我保证。
3) With Eggs.今天的酸辣酱使一个伟大的填充的煎蛋卷，特别是如果你有任何新鲜的意大利干酪或者是荷兰最糟糕的。
Did you make this recipe?